Adult Basic Education
“A Rainbow of Opportunities Awaits”
Adult Basic Education (ABE) Programs are based on your individual needs. They allow you to progress at your own pace. Instruction involves one-to-one and small group with a variety of unique learning experiences. Students first attend a new student orientation session. At this session you will set goals, assess your academic needs, discover your learning styles, and explore program offerings. An advisor will discuss all these items with you and help you explore ways to overcome roadblocks to succeed in the classroom.
- Literacy: reading development, and comprehension
- Basic Skills: language, communication, and mathematics
- TASC Preparation
- External Diploma
- Computer Skills: system and application software applications
- Workplace Skills: job hunting, interviewing skills, resume writing, socialization, communication, and self-management skills
- Test Preparation: ACT/SAT, employment tests, and ASVAB military exam
- English as a Second Language: language skills for students whose first language is not English
- Family Literacy: parent topics’ seminars, etc.