Adult Basic Education
Garnet Adult Education Office
Phone Number: 304-348-6670
“A Rainbow of Opportunities Awaits”
Adult Education (AE) Programs are based on your individual needs. The classes allow students to progress at his or her own pace. Instruction involves one-to-one and small group with a variety of unique learning experiences. Students first attend a new student orientation session. At this session students will set goals, assess your academic needs, discover your learning styles, and explore program offerings. An advisor will discuss all these items and help students explore ways to overcome roadblocks to succeed in the classroom.
- Literacy: reading development, and comprehension
- Basic Skills: language, communication, and mathematics
- TASC Preparation
- External Diploma
- Computer Skills: system and application software applications
- Workplace Skills: job hunting, interviewing skills, resume writing, socialization, communication, and self-management skills
- Test Preparation: ACT/SAT, employment tests, and ASVAB military exam
- English as a Second Language: language skills for students whose first language is not English
- Family Literacy: parent topics’ seminars, etc.
***All Adult Education students are subject to the policies and procedures of Garnet Career Center and Kanawha County Schools.
Click Here for the Garnet Career Center Handbook: