Garnet Career Center Auto Shop Policies
Garnet Career Center Auto Shop
Garnet Career Center’s Auto Shop is a working classroom. Students enroll to learn how to repair cars and, as students, may only complete certain jobs. The Auto Instructor will determine if work can be completed and done in a timely manner. No cars may be left without speaking to Auto Instructor and signing the drop off sheet and a work order authorization/disclaimer. No cars may be left at Garnet in parking lot. No cars may be left in garage beyond 30 days.
Auto Shop Hours: M-F 1:30-3:00; Calls accepted between 7:30-8:00AM and after 1:30. Auto Shop follows KCS calendar and is closed during inclement weather closings and all school holidays.
Auto Repair Policy
1. Customer must call to speak with or to make an appointment with Auto Instructor about dropping a vehicle off for repairs.
2. Customer must drop vehicle at Garnet Auto Shop after 1:30 on arranged date. See Auto Instructor before leaving car.
3. Drop off sheet must be signed.
4. Work order repair/authorization disclaimer must be signed and dated when car is left in shop.
5. Vehicle will be diagnosed before any work is begun.
6. Customer must authorize Garnet Auto Shop to begin work when Auto Instructor calls with estimate .
7. If students cannot repair vehicle, Auto Instructor will notify owner and vehicle must be removed from premises within 2 days or the storage fee and abandonment policy will apply
8. Customer must pick up vehicle within 2 work days of notification of repair completion or $15.00 storage fee will apply. If arrangements are made with Auto Instructor for vehicle pickup beyond 7 business days, the $15.00/day storage fee will apply up to 30 days. All invoices must be paid in full before vehicle is released.
9. After 7 business days, vehicles that remain in Garnet Career Center Garage with no contact from the responsible party will be considered abandoned. The vehicle will then be processed with the Charleston Police Department.
· No vehicles may remain after 30 days, even with contact from responsible party. After 30 days, all vehicles will be considered abandoned and will be removed at the owner’s expense.