Practical Nursing - 2018-2019 Class
How to begin:
- Download and complete the application.
- Submit high school transcript or GED transcript.
- Pay the $90 ATI TEAS test and application fee.
Note: Application may be mailed or hand delivered.
How to study for the ATI TEAS test:
- You may study in the Garnet Adult Learning Center. Call 304-348-6670 to get started. These classes are free, but you will need an appointment.
- A special evening class will be available. Please see the schedule on the Application Process tab.
- It is mandatory you attend the first class of a session. There will be a pre-test given that date to determine your study needs.The study groups will be held according to the schedule on the Application Process tab.
The ATI TEAS test includes:
- English and Language Usage
The ATI TEAS exam provides an objective measurement of each of the items listed above. It is a timed test. Admissions are based on the ATI TEAS results.
What are the testing dates?
Saturday, December 2, 2017
Saturday, March 10, 2018
Saturday, April 14, 2018
When will you know your test results?
Test results will be available on line one week after test date and the status of your application will be mailed near the first week of May. At that time, you will be advised of your next step.
What will I do if I am accepted to the Nursing Program?
After receiving the admission letter of acceptance, you will be advised to complete an acceptance form and submit a non-refundable deposit of $300. This deposit confirms that you want your space held and that you do intend to attend the class. The $300 deposit is due on the day of orientation (early June of each year). This deposit is not provided by financial aid. (Revised November 1, 2012)
Other requirements of the accepted students include a physical, titers, immunizations, CPR card, drug screen, and a police background check. The costs for these requirements are not covered by the Federal Pell Grant and must be assumed by the applicant. A very strict timeline for all physical requirements is required for admission.
What if I am not accepted to the program?
Three options are available:
- Study and retest
- Enroll in evening CNA class
- Enroll in evening Phlebotomy class (September or January)
What about financial aid?
Complete a FAFSA on line. Garnet code is 015675. (FEDERAL PELL GRANT). A direct link can be found on the Financial Aid tab at the top of the screen.
Diann Clothier, our Financial Director, is available to assist you each Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. each week.
|Other forms of financial aid:|
|Workforce Investment Act||Contact Job Service 304-558-0342|
|WV HEAPS||Contact Garnet Nursing|
|Private loans||Contact your bank or credit union|
Garnet does not participate in the student loan program. Garnet has a monthly payment plan.
What do I do if I have other college credits in nursing?
We will only need a copy of your college work when you are accepted into the program. College credit will be reviewed by the nursing department. Credit is given upon the discretion of the department.
Who will I call for specific questions?
Mrs. Janice Standish, Counselor
Mrs. Teresa Reynolds, Coordinator Health Education
Mrs. Diann Clothier, Financial Aid
*Dates and information are subject to change.